- Location(s): Milwaukee, WI
- Start Date: asap
- Employment Term: Regular
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours per Week: 40+
- Work Hours (i.e. Shift):
- Starting Salary: $15 - $17 BOE
- Required Education: High School or Equivalent
- Required Experience: 5 to 20+ years
- Required Sequrity Clearence: None
- Related Categories: Warehousing and Factory Work, Supply Chain/Logistics, Retail/Wholesale - Packing and Shipping
- Special Instructions:
Submit resume to Liza at Ldemos@sitestaffinginc.com
New Berlin, WI
1st shift, M-F
$15 – $17 BOE
Warehouse General function
Partner with Director of Distribution Center to drive proficiency, efficiency and profitability through supervision/direction of warehouse and delivery functions.
Essential duties and responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure inventory is received appropriately and efficiently processed in the warehouse. Manage inventory programs to company standards. Maintain inventory integrity to acceptable metric.
- Ensure proper layout of warehouse and product placement, and proper maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas so that its appearance is conducive to creating a perfect load for our Stores and Customers.
- Recommend alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product
- Communicate with associates so they can anticipate change and solve problems to maintain maximum efficiency as inventory needs require.
- Ensure Cycle Counting program is maintained and all discrepancies are properly investigated and resolved
- Oversee all Physical Inventories to include: inventory prep, counting functions and reconciliation
- Assist in the planning and management of daily work activities within the warehouse to expedite workflow. Champion the goals and direction of the Supervisor
- Coach, train and develop inventory team through informal coaching and formal training programs. Provide ongoing coaching, development and recognition. Develop team for future roles; ensure team understands the deliverables and is supportive of innovation and change
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and rules in the facility. Wear proper PPE. Report accidents and incidents; perform accident investigations in a timely manner
- Ensure employees obtain training related to facility policies and procedures. Communicate and assist with safety and other training programs
- Ensure proper staffing is procured for all “projects” outside the normal scope of the warehouse function
- Experience must include a minimum of 3-4 years of prior front line lead/supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated experience with WMS functions and how they relate to operational procedures including receiving, order processing, picking, packing, shipping, cycle counting and reverse logistics
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Must use judgment to recommend changes to existing methods and make decisions in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and with strong Excel skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors and all levels of employees in the organization. Able to effectively manage confrontational situations in a controlled and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. A basic understanding of accounting procedures and financial statements.
- Must be able to become forklift certified, if applicable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business including peak seasons and special events.
- Cell phone with voice plan for work related purposes on regular basis (50%)
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk and use hands to handle or touch; frequently talk, hear and lift up to 50 pounds; and occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach above shoulders, and use foot to operate a machine to lift more than 100 pounds
- The position also requires the employee to regularly use electronic scanning devices, desktop/laptop computer; occasionally use electrical cables, battery chargers, standard office equipment
- The position requires use of manual and mechanical equipment after training/certification including: pallet jack, walkie/rider, forklift, scissors lift
- While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee will occasionally be exposed to sheltered weather conditions and unheated/non-air-conditioned spaces, fumes or airborne particles, and the limited risk of electrical shock.
- The level of noise in the working environment is moderate to loud.
- Protective clothing and/or equipment used in this position includes ear protection, eye protection, gloves, and steel-toed shoes
SITE Staffing, Inc. is committed to providing safe work environment by enforcing a policy of a drug- free workforce which includes pre-employment drug and substance abuse screening.
SITE Staffing does not accept phone calls regarding any job postings. If interested in a position, please submit your resume for review. If accepted as a possible candidate you will be contacted within 48hrs. We do not contact those candidates that are not invited to complete our application. If you have any questions regarding our postings, we ask that you submit those inquiries via email.
*Equal Opportunity Employer* Defined by Diversity* Accredited Member of BBB*