Shipping and Crate Specialist
- Location(s): Germantown, WI; Jackson, WI; Slinger, WI
- Start Date: ASAP
- Employment Term: Regular
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Hours (i.e. Shift):
- Starting Salary: Not Provided
- Required Education: High School or Equivalent
- Required Experience: 4 to 20+ years
- Required Sequrity Clearence: None
- Related Categories: Production - General, Warehousing and Factory Work
- Special Instructions:
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
While working as a member of the shipping team, this position is responsible for packing product into pre-cut crates for domestic or foreign shipments, verifying shipment for correct materials and handling instructions, and loading product and related parts on trucks and/or flatbeds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and crate doors and parts orders for shipment per specifications and requirements.
- Check shipment for correct materials, packing and crating, tagging and handling instructions.
- Operate forklift to load crates into or on trucks.
- Perform general housekeeping practices in and around the receiving and or storage areas.
- Four years previous forklift experience
- Must be certified or be able to be certified to operate a forklift
- Ability to read and understand documents (such as check lists, packing slips, manuals and drawings)
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to operate pneumatic tools, such as nail gun, stapler, air ratchet, as well as use of a tape measure
- Basic knowledge and understanding of computers
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent is required