Purchasing/Buyer – Manufacturing
- Location(s): Milwaukee, WI; Brown Deer, WI
- Start Date: ASAP
- Employment Term: Regular
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Hours (i.e. Shift):
- Starting Salary: $16-20/hr DOE
- Required Education: High School or Equivalent
- Required Experience: 2 to 4 years
- Required Sequrity Clearence: None
- Related Categories: Business Ops - Purchasing and Materials, Admin - Data Entry/Billing, Accounting - Bookkeeping/Clerical
- Special Instructions:
Resumes for qualified candidates may be sent to email@example.com
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Shift: 1st (6 Weeks +)
Pay Rate: $16-20/hr DOE
Overview of position:
Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Works with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing and product availability. Requires domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze purchase requisition. Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for supplier quotes.
- Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities (e.g. materials, components, equipment and services).
- Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity including; part parameters, quote table maintenance, supplier database information, error report analysis and part number/supplier code information.
- Monitor the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at the best value.
- Develop new supplier sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive.
- Negotiate with suppliers to maximize comapny profitability.
- When necessary recommend cost saving proposals, including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing.
- Works closely with suppliers and Quality Assurance to resolve quality issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Develop a partnership relationship with represented workforce
- Compliance to Company EMS Policy
- Understand and comply with required TS standards for position
- Working towards an APICS Certification desired
- Working towards a CPM desired
- Familiar with an EAP system preferred
- Good communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skill
- Previous metallurgical background desirable; knowledge of ferrous materials, scrap, additives, etc
- Able to develop relationships with peers, represented employees, vendors, customers
- Able to review scope of work
- Good negotiation skills
- Review scope of work
- Understands the terms and conditions of purchase orders
Position is NOT bus line accessible. MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORTATION and VALID Driver License!!!
SITE Staffing, Inc. is committed to providing safe work environment by enforcing a policy of a drug- free workforce which includes pre-employment drug and substance abuse screening.
SITE Staffing does not accept phone calls regarding any job postings. If interested in a position, please submit your resume for review. If accepted as a possible candidate you will be contacted within 48hrs. We do not contact those candidates that are not invited to complete our application. If you have any questions regarding our postings, we ask that you submit those inquiries via email.
*Equal Opportunity Employer* Defined by Diversity* Accredited Member of BBB*