Line Assistants – Direct Hire – Days or Nights
- Location(s): Milwaukee, WI; Wauwatosa, WI; West Allis, WI
- Start Date: ASAP
- Employment Term: Regular
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Hours (i.e. Shift):
- Starting Salary: $14.39+/hr. + 1.00 shift prem
- Required Education: High School or Equivalent
- Required Experience: 1 to 3 years
- Required Sequrity Clearence: None
- Related Categories: Warehousing and Factory Work, Production - Metal/Plastic Workers, Skilled Trades - General
- Special Instructions:
To be considered for this position please forward resume to Qhandley@sitestaffinginc.com.
BRING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH A NEW CAREER!!!! Are you someone who likes to learn new skills? Do you have prior manufacturing experience? Excellent communication skills and a “Team Player” attitude? Check out this excellent DIRECT HIRE opportunity!!! SITE Staffing Inc. specializes in assisting Professionals find their next place of employment. We have over 100+ Temporary, Temp to Hire, and Direct Hire positions to offer. SITE Staffing Inc. offers weekly pay, great benefits, and our Recruiters are beyond excited to assist you with landing your next position!!! Apply today….
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Shift: 6 – 6 Days or Nights, 12 hours – 3, 2, 2, 3 Schedule (Every other weekend off!)
Pay Rate: $14/hr+ BOE
Overview: Line helpers assist the Operators to shape wire to various sizes. Must have verifiable stable manufacturing work history, candidates with experience working for Quad Graphics a PLUS! Must be mechanically inclined, prior machine ops helpful, up to 50 lb lifting at times.
- Must have a GED or Diploma
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Must be able to speak, read, write English
- Have good communication/math skills, team player, help where needed
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Has 2+ years of manufacturing experience
- 1-2 years of using a micrometer or related measuring device (Will train the right individual)
- 1-2 years of forklift and/or overhead crane experience (Will train the right individual)
- Past experience filling out paperwork and using computers to enter data
- Understand quality requirements of product, inspect wire during run, and notify operator of any discovered defects
- Assist in positioning and moving material for setups as well as line operations
- Verify correct raw material coil, load coils, and weld coils of material
- Keep accurate paperwork for raw material coils and finished product
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards
- Package material on the line: cut bands for coils and bundles, weigh bundles, tag bundles, and report weights to operator
- Assist in setting up the line: change oil/paste in draw box, install tooling when required, assist in stripping the line, assist in threading the line, open mills, change washers, cut guide blocks, set up payoff, set up coiler or bundler, and add media to blasters
- Operate Forklift and Overhead crane
- Weld coils together one the line
SITE Staffing, Inc. is committed to providing safe work environment by enforcing a policy of a drug- free workforce which includes pre-employment drug and substance abuse screening.
SITE Staffing does not accept phone calls regarding any job postings. If interested in a position, please submit your resume for review. If accepted as a possible candidate you will be contacted within 48hrs. We do not contact those candidates that are not invited to complete our application. If you have any questions regarding our postings, we ask that you submit those inquiries via email.
*Equal Opportunity Employer* Defined by Diversity* Accredited Member of BBB*